Australia (9news)

Coronavirus: Three young children rushed to hospital from quarantine hotel

By April 24, 2020 No Comments
Three young children were stretchered out of a Sydney hotel last night and taken to hospital while undergoing quarantine.
Footage from about 10pm yesterday showed the children being taken from the Hilton hotel in the CBD to ambulances by paramedics wearing protective clothing.
NSW Ambulance told Nine.com.au it could not comment but it is believed the children were suffering from flu-like symptoms.
Three children rushed to hospital from the Hilton hotel in Sydney while undergoing quarantine.(9News)
There are 400 Australians staying at the Sydney Hilton in enforced quarantine.
The distressing images come as the first 288 Australians quarantined in Sydney’s Swissotel started leaving this morning.
NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller says the people who arrived in Australia on March 26 have undertaken the mandatory 14-day self isolation and will be able to leave today.
All travellers will get a letter confirming their period of isolation and will undergo a final health check.
Many of the people leaving quarantine were relieved but complained about lack of fresh air and close confinement to their rooms before they boarded buses.
“It was claustrophobic. All I want to do is breathe air,” one woman told 9News.
Paramedics wore protective gear as they rushed the three children rushed to hospital.(9News)
Another described the hotel quarantine as “a very ill-conceived plan, very poorly executed”.
After today’s operation, police will plan for further hotel departures with some 3000 Australian residents expected to come out of hotel isolation over the next week.
Meanwhile, NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian says social distancing rules to limit the spread of COVID-19 will stay in place until a vaccine is found.
NSW recorded another 49 cases on yesterday, bringing the total confirmed cases to 2686.
While the number of new cases in NSW continues to stabilise, authorities are still concerned about the 406 locally-acquired cases with an unknown source.
Since March 26, travellers who have flown into Australia have been escorted onto buses and taken to mandatory self-isolation in hospitals across Sydney and the nation.(Getty)
The latest deaths include a 90-year-old male resident of the Opal Care Bankstown aged care facility and an 87-year-old woman who was a passenger on the Ruby Princess cruise ship.
Of the 21 NSW deaths recorded so far, five are linked to the Ruby Princess, six were residents at Dorothy Henderson Lodge and two were residents at Opal Care Bankstown.
The Ruby Princess remains docked in Port Kembla, near Wollongong, where it’s expected to remain for 10 days while 1040 crew members undergo medical assessments.
Members of the Defence Force have been called in over the past fortnight to assist in the transportation of travellers to hotels.(Getty)
About 200 crew have symptoms of coronavirus.
The vessel is linked to hundreds of COVID-19 cases and 13 deaths across Australia.
The NSW Police homicide squad is investigating why passengers were allowed to disembark from the ship in Sydney on March 19 despite concerns some might have contracted the illness.
For breaking news alerts and livestreams straight to your smartphone sign up to the9News appand set notifications to on at theApp StoreorGoogle Play.
You can also get up-to-date information from the Federal Government’s Coronavirus Australia app, available on theApp Store,Google PlayandtheGovernment’s WhatsApp channel.
– Reported with AAP
0

Leave a Reply