More than 90 employees at a Melbourne McDonald’s outlet have been tested for COVID-19 after four staff members were diagnosed with the virus.
A total of six people have now been linked to the outbreak at McDonald’s Fawkner, two being family members of staff.
The staffer last worked at the outlet on April 30. The restaurant remained open since the first case, ensuring extensive cleaning measures had been undertaken.
But it closed on Friday to undertake another deep clean following the additional infections, before reopening today with staff from other McDonald’s outlets.
“We are checking in with each of the affected employees daily and confirm they are self-isolating at home with mild to no symptoms,” A McDonald’s spokesperson said.
“We continue to work collaboratively with the Department of Health. All employees have been instructed not to return to work for 14 days and advised to be tested.”
Victoria has recorded seven new cases of COVID-19, taking the state’s total to 1514.
READ MORE:What you can and can’t do in Victoria under new restrictions
Two previous cases have been reclassified interstate and removed from Victoria’s infection tally.
Of the seven infections, two cases were close contacts linked to the outbreak at Cedar Meats, while two were returned travellers in mandatory hotel quarantine and three were identified through testing by their doctor.
The meat cluster’s total has risen to 88 infections.
There are nine people in hospital, including six patients in intensive care.
Victoria has 110 active cases of coronavirus, with 1385 people recovered.
While 164 cases acquired could indicate community transmission.
Tourism, sport and creatives industries cash boost
Victoria’s sport, tourism and creative industries will get a $150 million funding boost to get the sectors to the other side of the coronavirus pandemic.
The Experience Economy Survival Package unveiled today would support sporting clubs and competitions, as well as major tourist attractions, galleries and museums, and the racing industry.
More than $32 million will be injected in funding into Museums Victoria, National Gallery of Victoria, Arts Centre Melbourne, Geelong Arts Centre and Melbourne Recital Centre, with $6 million given to live music industry workers.
The state government will also invest $44 million in the state’s racing industry.
While the tourism sector will also benefit from $11 million, which would go towards Emerald Tourist Railway Board (Puffing Billy) and other visitor attractions.
“Victoria has the best galleries, museums and performance venues in the country – and one of the best live music scenes anywhere in the world.
“They are central to life in this state and this funding is vital to safeguarding jobs in the $31 billion creative industries economy,” Minister for Creative Industries Martin Foley said.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and are used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.