Philippines

Cebu town mayor advises visitor to isolate self after resident turns COVID-19 positive

By June 7, 2020 No Comments

CEBU CITY –– The mayor of a municipality in Cebu has asked people, who visited their town hall recently, to undergo home quarantine following its first COVID-19 case.

“A person, who had close contact with our municipality’s first COVID-19 patient was here at the Consolacion Government Center yesterday (March 31) and today (April 1),” said Mayor Joannes Alegado of Consolacion town, about 19 km north of here.

Alegado didn’t identify the town’s first COVID-19 case, except that he was a 54-year-old professional, married, and had traveled to the Middle East.

The patient arrived in Consolacion last March 19. A week later, he developed a fever and then found positive of COVID-19.

His wife, child, driver, and housemaid had been placed on quarantine.

In a video message, Alegado said the members of the patient’s household had not manifested symptoms of COVID-19.

Edited by LZB

The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this .

TAGS: Cebu Province, coronavirus disease, COVID-19, Philippine news updates, Regions
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.
0

Leave a Reply