Philippines

DBM, DSWD heads to undergo self-quarantine

By March 29, 2020 No Comments

MANILA, Philippines — Budget Secretary Wendel Avisado and Social Welfare Secretary Rolando Bautista have decied to undergo self-quarantine on learning that ACT-CIS Rep. Eric Yap Go, with whom they attended a meeting, tested positive for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

The meeting, which took place on March 21 in Malacañan, tackled measures that could be taken to fight COVID-19.

READ: ACT-CIS Rep. Eric Go Yap tests positive for COVID-19

“Yes, we were with him,” Avisado said in Filipino in a text message sent on Wednesday to reporters. “We had no direct contact, but just the same, I’ll do another round of self-quarantine again as a precautionary measure.”

Meanwhile, Malacañang urged those who had been in contact with Yap to go on self-quarantine.

“We are sorry to hear about the medical condition of Cong. Eric Yap. We hope and pray that he gets well from COVID-19,” presidential spokesperson Salvador Panelo told reporters in a message.

“We urge those who were in physical contact with him during the last two weeks to undergo the 14-day self-quarantine protocol for their protection,” he added.

Last Monday, Yap  also attended the special session of the House that  a bill granting President Rodrigo Duterte additional powers to address the virus outbreak.

/atm

#videoPlaylistPlugId ul li { color:#fff;}

TAGS: Coronavirus, COVID-19, DBM, DSWD, Eric Go Yap, Malacañang
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.
0