Philippines

DOH reports 152 new COVID-19 cases; eight more deaths

By July 11, 2020 3 Comments

(EDITOR’S NOTE: The DOH initially released data stating it has recorded 332 new cases of the coronavirus disease in the Philippines, increasing the tally to 3,426. This article was updated to reflect the correction made by the DOH.)

MANILA, Philippines — COVID-19 has infected 152 more people in the country, the Department of Health (DOH) said Sunday, bringing the total number of cases to 3,246.

In a virtual presser, DOH also reported the death of eight more patients, increasing the toll to 152.

Further, the health agency said seven more COVID-19 positive persons were able to recover from the highly contagious respiratory disease. To date, the country has 64 recovered patients.

COVID-19 is caused by the novel coronavirus or SARS-CoV-2, which was first detected in China’s Wuhan City in Hubei province late last year.

The virus causes mild symptoms such as fever and cough but it can be high risk for older adults and those with underlying health conditions.

The World Health Organization has declared COVID-19 a pandemic. Latest global data showed that the virus already infected more than 1.2 million people and killed more than 60,000 as of April 5.

KGA

The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this .

TAGS: 2019-nCoV, China, Coronavirus, COVID-19, Death Toll, DoH, Health, Local news, lockdown, Luzon, Nation, National Emergency, national news, NcoV, nCoV update, news, novel coronavirus, Outbreak, pandemic, Philippine news updates, Philippines, Quarantine, State of Calamity, Virus, World Health Organization, Wuhan
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.
0

3 Comments

Leave a Reply