MANILA, Philippines — Twenty-three new coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases have been recorded in Quezon City, bringing the total number of cases in the city to 174 as of Wednesday.
The city government on Thursday said the new cases were from 21 barangays in the city. So far, 73 barangays have been affected by COVID-19.
The most number of cases were recorded in barangays Batasan Hills, Matandang Balara, Bagong Lipunan Crame, Culiat, and Pasong Tamo with nine cases each.
No new deaths and recoveries were reported, the city government said.
All 142 barangays have already been disinfected as of April 1, the city government has assured, as an effort to contain the virus.
The Fe Del Mundo Hospital on Banawe St. will be a hospital to exclusively accept COVID-19 patients starting April 6, the city government said.
The Philippines has so far recorded 2,311 cases of COVID-19. Ninety-six patients have so far died of the disease while 50 have recovered.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this .