MANILA, Philippines — There are now 464 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Quezon City (QC), the local government said early morning Friday, citing data from the Department of Health (DOH).
The new cases recorded by the DOH will be subject to validation by the QC Epidemiology and Surveillance unit, health center staff, and barangay officials.
This is to ensure that the patients are indeed residents of the city, the local government said.
As of Thursday, the city government only recorded 151 confirmed cases of COVID-19 based on its own records.
The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases with complete addresses in the city is already at 310, which is still subject to validation, the local government added.
Meanwhile, the total number of cases validated by the QC Epidemiology and Surveillance unit is only at 174 so far.
“The sudden rise in confirmed cases is due to the database access given by the DOH to the City Health Department,” the QC government said in its daily case bulletin.
The city government has also recorded six new COVID-related deaths, raising the total to 33, while three more patients were able to recover, raising the number of recoveries to 14.
Eighteen barangays have been placed under extreme enhanced community quarantine in a bid to contain the spread of the coronavirus in the city.
The city government assures that disinfection efforts are ongoing, with a total of 496 locations in 142 barangays disinfected so far.
The Philippines currently has 2,633 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with 107 fatalities and 51 recoveries.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this .